Sunday, February 1, 2009

T-Minus 19 days...


We are T-minus 19 days for our court date. Amazingly January seemed to breeze by. Maybe it's because I have been working a lot, maybe it's because it was so warm I forgot what month it was, and maybe it's because I haven't allowed myself to get too excited about February 20th. Honestly, it's been a combination of all 3.

It's really weird to want something so badly but to concurrently be so scared about not getting it that you almost can't think about it that much.

Nick and I were drinking margaritas and hanging out last night when we realized that if we pass court on the first try we are going to be going to Ethiopia in like 5 weeks. That is crazy! We are going to leave sooner than we need to so we can have a chance to travel a little - hang in Dubai for a couple days, go to Gondor (spelling?) in Ethiopia before we go to Addis to get Baby J. I am sure it's going to be really hard to be so close to him, but to not have him. However, we think it will be great to get a better sense of Ethiopian culture by experiencing it ourselves. This will also give us a chance to get used to the time change (last time we were in Africa the time change kicked my butt) and get some sleep before we say good-bye to 8-9 hours a night in exchange for 5-6.

PS - go Steelers!

No comments:

Post a Comment