Thursday, March 19, 2009

Old Navy, Diapers, and Dogs

It is a gorgeous day outside - Nick, Jost, the dogs and I just came in from playing in the yard. Jost only had his shorts on and some SPF 30. Nick, as usual, did his Greek thing and oiled up. He gets tan in about 2 minutes. I think I have some weird red splotchy spots on me and some dried up drool. Sexy! Jost is highly entertained by simply watching our dogs play in the yard. Every couple minutes one of them will come by for a quick face lick, then they are off to being wild again in a large, furry pack of husky/lab/beagle. It's cheap entertainment. I wonder how old Jost needs to be for us to have the dogs babysit him?

Earlier today we went to Old Navy while our housecleaner was making our home liveable again. Anyone that knows me is very aware that I am a shopping snob and I love fashion. Anyone that knows about international adoption knows it will break the bank. So, post adoption we are a family that shops at Target and Old Navy, not Nordstroms and Neiman Marcus. Anyways, back to the point. Old Navy had some great stuff for Jost, Nick and even me. I think we got about 15 or 20 pieces of clothing for like $200. We got Jost some board shorts for our trip to Hawaii next month (I am in my dear friend Kiera's wedding), I got a cute maxi-dress and a couple tops, and Nick got some shirts and a new belt (he lost 7 or 8 pounds in Ethiopia and needed a smaller belt).

As we were waiting in line to pay I noticed a strange funk being emited by my son. The stench grew more potent and as everyone in the store began to make gagging noises and cover their nose, I quickly pushed him outside to go change his diaper. Jost is on antibiotics for an ear infection AND he has giardia, which makes him poo MORE and makes the poo RUNNY. Jost and I got to the car and I popped the back of my Benz open to throw him in the trunk and change him. I can't even describe in words what was in Jost's diaper. Truly, it was a shit masterpiece. It took about 10 wipes to get most of it off his butt, legs, and other parts. Then, I had to change all of his clothes. Then, I COULD NOT GET THE SMELL OFF MY HAND. So, we had to drive home with my hand sticking out the window. For reals.

Welcome to my life as a mother. It's really fun, but really smelly.

2 comments:

  1. I was laughing out loud as I read through your journey to Target. Thanks for your honesty and humor!

    Love,
    Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Who are you? You are so not BFAS! We are adopting though them too. My name is Danika. You can email me back at bulucosdanika@yahoo.com.

    ReplyDelete